Tuesday, January 24, 2012

What if everyone only gave 80%?

I am 3 weeks away from my official start of training for the Capital City Half Marathon so essentially I am "Training for Training" It is very easy at this point to not give my workouts 100% of my effort, after all training hasn't really started so I can get by with 80% right? What if 80% was the acceptable standard?


 -Your phone would be out of order for almost 5 hours every day
 -4 million people a year would receive the wrong medication because their prescription was
  filled incorrectly
 -700,000 newborn babies would be dropped during delivery by their doctor each year
 -The U.S. Postal Service would lose 34 million pieces of mail every day
 -Your home would be without electricity for 144 hours every month
 -Each year your drinking water would be unfit for human consumption for 73 days

Ok let's bump it up from 80% to 99.99%

 -12 newborns will be given to the wrong parents every day
- 291 pacemaker operations will be performed incorrectly
 -2.5 million books will be sent with the wrong covers
 -114,500 mismatched pairs of shoes will be sent out per year
 -315 entries in Webster’s dictionary will be misspelled
 -5.5 million cases of soft drinks will be produced flat each year
 -2 airplanes departing from O’Hare airport will be unsafe each day

I do not accept less than 100% from others in most circumstances, however I have no trouble cutting myself some slack! My goal is to push myself during this training as well as all aspects of life to give 100% 



 


1 comment:

  1. Wow, way to put it into perspective! Thanks for the kick in the pants today to give it 100%! :)

    ReplyDelete