Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Getting Strong Now!






About 2 weeks into training for official training and I am starting to see some progress! For those of you who know me you already know that Rocky is my all time favorite movie, and yes Sly Stallone is one of my ugly crushes. I am not ashamed in fact nothing gives me more motivation than blasting the Rocky Soundtrack on my ipod and "Rockin" it out! This past week I have tried to focus on some Cross Training, running daily is great yes, but it can get a bit stale. I have to mix it up or I get bored an then end up on the couch or shopping at Target instead of getting a workout it. When it comes to cross training think like Rocky! There are no rules on what counts as cross training, no you don't have to chase around a chicken, chop wood, or run to the top of a Mountain in Siberia shouting Drago!!! Do whatever you like. This week, I went for a hike with my dog, went swimming, and did some weightlifting. The point is to simply GET MOVING!!!    

Studies show that it takes about 30 days to make something a habit in your life. For example for about the last 30 days I watch one old episode of Beverly Hills 90210 when I get home from work, I now feel incomplete without the West Beverly Gang in my life. So I am committing do doing some type of exercise, running or cross training every day for the next 30 days in hopes that it will stick in my brain as a lifelong habit. 
Happy Training Friends!!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment